- In An Emergency
- After Hours Nurse Advice for Registered Students
- After Hours and Off Campus Mental Health/Counseling Services
- Students with Health Insurance
- Students without Health Insurance
- Off-Campus Clinics
You must have your SFSU Student ID# to talk with the Advice Nurse.
Call 415-338-1251 and press 1 for nurse advice regarding your urgent medical problem.
The Advice Nurse you speak with does not have access to your Student Health Services (SHS) medical records but will send a report to the SHS Nurse summarizing your health concern and the advice given.
A SHS Nurse will follow-up with you.
Please note, the After Hours Advice Nurse cannot:
But you can do these by clicking the links in the list above.
Student Health Services is not financially responsible for any medical care that you obtain outside its facility.
- Counseling and Psychological Services - Crisis Consultations
- Mental Health Community Resources
- Sexual Assault
- Dating or Domestic Violence
- Sexual Harassment
- Suicide Prevention
For students WITH medical insurance coverage, check your policy and call the customer service number (found on the back of your health insurance card) with any questions regarding health insurance coverage to seek emergency or health care services.
For students WITHOUT medical insurance, refer to the listing below for access to (affordable) health care.
- Emergency Contraception
- Travel Clinic Resources
- Community Immunization Clinic Resources
- Community Health Network
- Dental Referrals (Low Cost Dental Services)
- HIV and STD Testing locations in San Francisco