General Emergency Information
- Call 8-2222 (from a campus phone)
- Call (415) 388-2222 (from a cell phone)
- Call 911
Note: Anyone calling from a cell phone on campus should call (415) 338-2222, instead of 8-2222 to connect to the campus police. Calling 911 on campus, the call will be transferred to California Highway Patrol and University police may be unaware of a campus emergency.
In an emergency or catastrophic disaster, the Student Health Services will mobilize its personal and resources to provide basic aid and limited medical services to the campus community in conjunction with local, state, and federal government assistance.
Student Health Services has developed a protocol for emergencies and assigned specific staff to deal with various aspects of such situations. However, due to the size of the campus community (30,000-38,0000 people) and limited resources/staff (50 staff) of the Student Health Services, we encourage the campus staff and faculty to prepare for a catastrophic disaster.
Basic Preparation for Disaster Situations
- SFSU Emergency Contacts
- Emergency Notification System – SF State Alert
- Earthquake Preparedness
- Preparedness Kit
How to Make a Kit
For Life-threatening Emergencies:
- On-campus, dial 8-2222
- Off-campus, dial 911
24 Hour Emergency Services for Suicide Prevention
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention: 415-781-0500
- Alameda 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Contra Costa 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-833-2900 (works only if calling from a Contra Costa County phone number)
- San Mateo Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Center: 1-650-579-0350
- I'm Alive - Hopeline: 1-800-442-HOPE (4673)
- Lifeline Spanish Speaking Suicide Hotline: 1-888-628-9454