SF State SHS is committed to preserving the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information (PHI). PHI is any information in your medical record that can be used to identify you, and that was created, used, or disclosed during medical services at SHS. Please click here to read the full SHS Notice of Privacy Practices as required by HIPAA law.
Information from your medical records will not be released to anyone without your written authorization, except as required by law.
To request a copy of your medical records:
- Either pick up the medical record release form at Student Health Services, or download and complete the medical record release form.
- Please be specific for and mark the appropriate boxes (General Medical, Gynecological, Mental Health, X-Ray report, Labs etc.) about the information you would like to be sent to or from SHS. If your release form is missing information, this may delay the process until SHS staff can contact you for the needed missing information.
- It will take approximately seven to 10 business days for SHS staff to complete the release of your records.
- Please fax, mail or drop-off the form to the Student Health Services. All requests must be signed.
- SHS cannot accept record requests or send copies of medical records by email.
If you want copies of the Immunization Records of immunizations you received at Student Health Services please log in to myHealth, click on Immunizations to print out your immunization records.
SHS is required to retain electronic medical records for a period of 7 years after the last date of service.
Student Health Services Attn: Custodian of Records
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Fax: (415) 405-2658
Phone: (415) 338-7798