Student Health provides medical services by appointment
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- Online -- PREFERRED and easily accessible
- Phone -- when clinic is open
- In-person -- when clinic is open
- Canceling Appointments
We encourage you to schedule your appointment online to expedite your services.
Once you have a scheduled appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment. Patients who arrive late may have their appointment canceled and given to the next available patient.
Due to high patient demand and the limited availability of appointments, Student Health Services has a $20 no show fee. You must give advance notice to cancel an appointment or you will be charged the no show fee.
When the health center is closed, you can access nurse advice for your medical symptoms by calling SHS and choosing the option for the After Hours Nurse Advice line.
Through myHealth you are able to schedule or cancel any of these appointments online:
- Medical Appointment (future/follow-up); except for mental health
- Medical Same Day Appointment (can be made online the night before and that day)
- Follow-up Appointment (medical problems already seen by SHS provider)
- Immunization Clinic appointments
- Vaginal, breast, or contraception concerns (includes birth control)
- Birth control Refill
Click on Forms in the myHealth menu to fill out your Health History form before you make your appointment.
Please read all information on the myHealth appointment pages to ensure that you are making the correct type of appointment.
Once you have a scheduled appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early. If you are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
The following types of appointments CANNOT be booked online. Please come into the clinic to schedule an appointment with a Nurse or call the Student Health Service at 415-338-1251 for assistance.
- Advice about colds, coughs
- Asthma attack
- Athletic Trainer appts
- Blood pressure checks
- Cervical Cancer screening (Pap smear for over 21 year olds)
- Depo injection
- Dressing/Bandages changed
- Ear wax removal
- Emergency contraception
- Head injury
- Insect bites or stings
- IUD/Implant insertions or removals
- Mental health appts (such as depression, anxiety, sleep issues)
- Pregnancy test
- Recent injury
- Suture/Stitches/Staples removed
- Urinary tract infections
We encourage you to schedule your appointment ONLINE to expedite your services.
To Make an Appointment by Phone, call (415) 338-1251 between 8:30 am - 4:45 pm, Mon, Tue, Thu and Friday or on Wed 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
The busiest call times are 8:30 - 9:00 am and 12-1 pm.
You may experience longer wait times on the phone during these hours.
If you arrive at SHS without an appointment, our staff will help you find the next available appointment, which may be on a different day.
It is preferred that you cancel appointments online at myHealth to ensure a timely cancellation and to avoid a no-show fee.
If you prefer to cancel your appointment over the phone, please call 415-338-1251 during clinic hours.
Please tell SHS staff your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID number
- Date and Time of the appointment you wish to cancel