- Do you need me to send my medical records to you?
- If I am under age 18 (a minor), do I need my parent's consent to be seen at the SHS?
- Does SF State require a physical before starting school?
- Which immunizations do I need before coming to SF State?
- Where do I submit my required immunization records?
- How do I pay my bill and how much will it cost?
- How do I get health insurance through SF State?
- Where is Student Health Services located?
- How do I make an appointment?
- I just had surgery. Can I get help getting to and from class?
- Do I need to fill out any forms before I make an appointment?
If you have health concerns that need ongoing care, please have your current healthcare provider send you copies of your medical records. Keep a copy for yourself and send / deliver another copy to Student Health Services.
When you get to SF State, make an appointment with one of our providers.
Student Health Services Mailing Address:
Student Health Services Medical Records
Attn: Custodian of Medical Records
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Fax Number: (415) 338-2278
Students under the age of 18 (a minor) may need parental or guardian consent for services at SHS. Please come in to SHS or call 415-338-1251 and ask to speak to a Nurse before making an appointment.
Physical exams are required only for students participating in intercollegiate athletics. SF State's Athletics Office staff will schedule a pre-participation physical for their team athletes.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Hepatitis B are required for all SF State students.
Mail, fax or take a copy of your immunizations records to the SF State Registrar’s Office in the Student Services Building, Room 101.
If you need an immunization, you can get one at Student Health Services during the Immunization Clinic. Some immunizations or vaccines will need to be special ordered.
The Student Health Fee (included in your tuition) covers most medical care provided at Student Health Services except for items such as medications, lab tests, and immunizations and vaccines. Any charges will be billed to your student’s Bursar account. You can print out itemized bills at myHealth to submit them to your health insurance for reimbursment.
Visit the Health Insurance page for more information.
Student Health Services is located below ground adjacent to the Psychology and Ethnic Studies Building, and directly across from Burk Hall in the northwest corner of the SF State campus.
Visit the Appointments page for more information.
The Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) website includes information about transport assistance and other assistance for students with permanent or temporary disabilities.
Yes, Student Health Services asks that you complete a health history form before coming in for your appointment. You can find it by clicking on myHealth and signing in to your secure medical information page. You will find the Health History Form in the FORMS section.