We encourage you to schedule your appointment online to expedite your services. 80% of our appointments are same-day appointments.
Due to high patient demand and the limited availability of appointments, Student Health Services has a $20 no show fee. You must give advance notice to cancel an appointment or you will be charged the no show fee.
Types of Appointments:
Through myHealth you are able to make or cancel any of these appointments online:
- Routine visits including most common medical concerns
- Nutrition appointments
- Women’s Annual Exam appointments
- Immunizations appointments
- Family PACT enrolling or recertification appointments
- Peer Sexual Health Educator clinic appointments
Please read all information on the appointment making pages in order to ensure that you are successful in making the correct type of appointment.
Make sure you fill out your Health History form before you make your appointment.
- Allergy Symptoms
- Asthma (non-emergency, no symptoms)
- Breast problem
- Chest congestion
- Ear problem
- Genital problem
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Insect bite
- Menstrual (period) problem
- Muscle pain
- Nail problem
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Skin problem
- Sore throat
- Vaginal problem (without abdominal pain)
Making an Appointment by Phone
Call (415) 338-1719
(except for some specialty services).
The busiest call times are 8:10 - 9:00 am and 12-1 pm.
You may experience longer wait times on the phone during these hours.
Canceling by Phone
- Telephone 415-338-1251 Press #1 on the keypad.
Please leave a message stating your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID number
- Date and Time of the appointment you wish to cancel
Your message will be date and time stamped.
- When you arrive pick up a purple slip and a number at the Information Desk and have a seat in the waiting area.
- Complete the purple slip while you wait for your number to be called.
- Our screening nurse will call your number and proceed to ask relevant questions in order to determine what type of appointment you need.
- The best time to walk in to see a nurse is 8:10 - 10 am (M, T, Th, F).
- The clinic can be very busy at times and you wait from 15 minutes to an hour to speak with the Nurse.
The Nurse will speak with you and determine if:
- You need to schedule a future appointment.
- You need to go to a medical appointment later that day or the next day.
- You need to be seen in the clinic Triage Clinic by a doctor or nurse practitioner.*
*Patients to be seen in Triage Clinic may experience long waits during the lunch hour and in the afternoon. Wait times can be greater than 60 minutes.
No Show Fee Process
- No shows for appointments will result in an automatic $20.00 bill to your Bursar’s account. The charge will appear on your account the day after your missed appointment.
- You may pay this charge at the Bursar Cashier’s. No payments can be accepted at Student Health Services.
- If you have a significant reason(s) for having missed your appointment you can petition to have the no show fee waived. See below for petition process.
Petition No Show / Late Cancelation Process
- Please complete "No Show / Late Cancelation Fee Waiver Form” (Word format).
- Email email@example.com from your SF State email address. Enter "No Show Fee Petition" in the subject line.
- You have up to one month after your missed appointment to submit your “No Show / Late Cancelation Fee Waiver.” Once submitted it may take up to a week for your waiver to be reviewed and processed. If approved, a reply will be sent to your SF email address.
- Petitions for a "No Show / Late Cancelation Fee Waiver Form” will only be approved for significant valid reasons.