- Family PACT Program Overview
- How to Enroll or Re-Certify in Family PACT
- Family PACT Information
- Using an Outside Pharmacy for Filling Birth Control
The Family Planning, Access, Care, Treatment (Family PACT) is a government program that provides clinical services for family planning at no cost to eligible California residents. All Family PACT information is confidential and program enrollment is completely voluntary. Students are free to withdraw from the program at any time or to refuse any service. After enrolling in Family PACT, students will receive a teal Health Access Program (HAP) card which can be used at any provider that offers Family PACT in California.
If you are eligible for Family PACT and family planning services are provided, at the visit or at a subsequent visit, you may be eligible for free testing, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and vaginal infections.
Birth control methods for men and women remain free under Family PACT.
Please follow the steps below to check your eligibility for Family PACT and to complete the Family PACT application:
- Check the Family PACT website to see if you are eligible.
- Download and complete the Family PACT Application (CEC form).
- To finish your application, and to get help completing your application, come to Student Health Services to meet with the Family PACT Enroller. Bring your application with you.
- You do not need to make an appointment to meet with a Family PACT Enroller. Come to the Family PACT Enrollment area (in Area B of Student Health Services) and have a seat. The Enroller will come out to meet with you to finish your application.
If you are already enrolled in Family PACT, makes sure to re-certify your Family PACT card before it expires. Your card is active for one year from date of enrollment. To speed up re-certification process follow the above insturctions.
Important information about Family PACT:
- 10 Things Family PACT Clients should know about the Affordable Care Act
- Family PACT Notice of Privacy Practices
- Family PACT Assistance
If you are leaving the Bay Area make sure you have enough prescription supplies of your preferred contraceptive method. Remember that Family PACT is only good in California.
- To locate a Family PACT provider in your area, call 1-800-942-1054.
In California, you can go to any pharmacy, such as Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, etc., to have your Family PACT prescription filled.
- Take the Family PACT Outside Pharmacy Letter with you when you fill your prescription.
- To refill a Family PACT prescription at a California retail pharmacy you can present your prescription container with its label, and the pharmacist can call the SHS Pharmacy at (415) 338-1710 to have your prescription transferred.