- Family PACT Program Overview and how to sign up
- How to Re-Enroll in Family PACT
- Family PACT Information
- Using an Outside Pharmacy for Filling Birth Control
The Family Planning, Access, Care, Treatment (Family PACT) is a federally funded program that helps people avoid getting pregnant or causing a pregnancy when they are not ready. You must be a California resident and meet eligibility criteria. All Family PACT information is confidential and program enrollment is completely voluntary. Students are free to withdraw from the program at any time or to refuse any service. Eligible students will receive a Health Access Program (HAP) card when they enroll in the program. The card can be used at any provider that offers Family PACT in California.
To sign up for Family PACT, make a medical appointment with an SHS provider for family planning services. At your appointment, your SHS provider will discuss whether enrolling in Family PACT is a good option for you. If you are eligible for Family PACT you may be able to receive free testing, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and vaginal infections as well as free birth control methods.
Please follow the steps below to re-check your eligibility for Family PACT before completing the Family PACT application:
- Check the Family PACT website to see if you are still eligible.
- Download and complete the Family PACT Application (CEC form).
- To finish your application, and to get help completing your application, come to Student Health Services to meet with the Family PACT Enroller. Bring your application with you.
- You do not need to make an appointment. Come to the Family PACT Enrollment area (in Area B of Student Health Services) and have a seat. The Enroller will come out to meet with you to finish your application.
- Make sure to re-enroll in Family PACT before your card expires (one year after the date you last enrolled).
Important information about Family PACT:
- 10 Things Family PACT Clients should know about the Affordable Care Act
- Family PACT Notice of Privacy Practices
- Family PACT Assistance
If you are leaving the Bay Area make sure you have enough prescription supplies of your preferred contraceptive method. Remember that Family PACT is only good in California.
- To locate a Family PACT provider in your area, call 1-800-942-1054.
In California, you can go to any pharmacy, such as Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, etc., to have your Family PACT prescription filled.
- To refill a Family PACT prescription at a California retail pharmacy you can present your prescription container with its label, and the pharmacist can call the SHS Pharmacy at (415) 338-1710 to have your prescription transferred.