Effective May 18th and due to campus COVID-19 changes, there will be a reduced in-person pharmacy services. We are adding extra precautions to ensure the health and well being of you and our staff. We are closely following the recommendations issued by the CDC and communications from within the university.
All new and refill prescriptions can be accessed and picked up by any of the 2 following methods:
1. Off-Campus Pharmacy: If you are a student staying off campus due to University Housing closures and are unable to take advantage of our Curbside Pickup, you can request to transfer your prescription(s) to your local pharmacy. To transfer a prescription from the SHS Pharmacy to another pharmacy in the U.S., follow these steps:
- Contact your local pharmacy where you want your prescription transferred to.
- Be ready to provide your personal information and your prescription information (prescription label), including the SHS Pharmacy phone number (415-338-1710), and the prescription number.
- Your local pharmacy will then contact the SHS Pharmacy to make the transfer. (Note: Expired prescriptions and prescriptions with no refills cannot be transferred.)
2. On-Campus Pharmacy Curbside Pickup: Once you have called in to request a refill, our staff will fill your prescription and when you arrive, just give us a call and a staff will bring it out to you. It is recommended that you should pick up your prescription(s) on the same day as the requested date.
- Pharmacy pick up time is between 9-11:30am and 1-3:30pm MTThF
- If you need any over-the-counter items listed on our website, please let the pharmacy staff know at the same time when you call in to request your refills.
- Charges and copays will be charged to your bursar student account.
- You will need to have a form of ID with you when you pick up – student IDs is the preferred form of ID.
- If you are having someone else pick up your prescription, you will need to call us ahead of time to tell us who that person is, and that person will have to have their own form of ID with them at pickup. We have opened up additional phone lines for you. If you are trying to reach our pharmacy staff, please call 415-338-1710 or 415-338-1251.
We strive to provide you with affordable options and friendly consultation to help you decide which over-the-counter medication will fit your needs. See what medications our pharmacy has to offer.
Prescription pickup hours
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Time: 9:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 3:30pm
Closed on Wednesday
This change was necessary to coordinate with the Health Center because of preventative measures that have been initiated to ensure the health of patients entering the building. This is a fluid situation and we may have to make additional changes in the future. In the event we are closed for the day, please leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. In the event we are closed for the day, please leave us a message and give us 48 hours response time.
Call the Pharmacy for any questions 415-338-1710