Family PACT

In response to COVID-19, SHS provides medical services
via PHONE and soon VIDEO appointments.

The services on this page are currently LIMITED
but will be accessible again when campus is re-opened.
Please call the health center at 415-338-1251
with any questions.


Family PACT

Family PACT Program Overview

The Family Planning, Access, Care, Treatment (Family PACT) is a federally funded program that helps people avoid getting pregnant or causing a pregnancy when they are not ready.  You must be a California resident and meet eligibility criteria. All Family PACT information is confidential and program enrollment is completely voluntary. Students are free to withdraw from the program at any time or to refuse any service. Eligible students will receive a Health Access Program (HAP) card when they enroll in the program. The card can be used at any provider that offers Family PACT in California.

To sign up for Family PACT, make a medical appointment with an SHS provider for family planning services.  At your appointment, your SHS provider will discuss whether enrolling in Family PACT is a good option for you.  If you are eligible for Family PACT you may be able to receive free testing, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and vaginal infections as well as free birth control methods.


California's Office of Family Planning's Update

Family PACT Eligibility

How to Re-Enroll in Family PACT

During COVID, please follow the steps below to re-check your Family PACT eligibility before completing the application:

Back to top

Family PACT Information

Important information about Family PACT:

Using an Outside Pharmacy for Filling Birth Control

If you are leaving the Bay Area make sure you have enough prescription supplies of your preferred contraceptive method. Remember that Family PACT is only good in California.

  • To locate a Family PACT provider in your area, call 1-800-942-1054.


In California, you can go to any pharmacy, such as Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, etc., to have your Family PACT prescription filled.

  • To refill a Family PACT prescription at a California retail pharmacy you can present your prescription container with its label, and the pharmacist can call the SHS Pharmacy at (415) 338-1710 to have your prescription transferred.

Back to top