Contact SHS


Contact Information

San Francisco State University
Student Health Services
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132

Phone: (415) 338-1251
Fax: (415) 338-2278

Do not email personal information or attach confidential information when emailing Student Health Services.



International Health Insurance:

Questions about SHS Services:


Weekdays (except Wednesdays)

8:10am – 4:45pm
Extremely Urgent Services
4:45pm – 5:00pm


10:00am – 4:45pm
Extremely Urgent Services
8:10am – 10:00am and 4:45pm – 5:00pm

After Hours Nurse Advice

Closed on official University Holidays.
See the calendar for our full schedule.

Back to top

Medical Records

To request medical records, please send via mail, fax or bring it to Student Health Services. All requests must be signed.


You may mail your request to:

  • Student Health Services

     Attn: Custodian of Records

     San Francisco State University

     Student Health Services

     1600 Holloway Avenue

     San Francisco, CA 94132


Or fax your request to:

  • (415) 405-2658


Your request must contain the following:

  • Full name
  • Your SF State University ID number
  • Birth date
  • Years you attended SF State
  • Complete name, address, zip code of the doctor or clinic from which you are requesting your medical records be sent to or received from.
  • Be specific in what information you would like sent to or from SHS
  • You may fax your request to (415) 405-2658
  • Process takes approximately 7 - 20 days business days.
  • If your release form is missing information, this will delay the process


You may pick up the Record Release Form at Student Health Services or it can be mailed and/or faxed upon request. Relsease forms are located at the information desk.


For general questions, please call the Custodian of Medical Records at (415) 338-7798.


For copies of your Immunization Records, if you received your immunizations at Student Health Services, please login to myHealth to print out recent immunization records. Otherwise, contact the Custodian of Medical Records to request older immunization records.


Back to top


Student Health Services is located next to Burk Hall, east of the Student Services Building, and west of the Psychology/Ethnic Studies Building.

map large

Back to top