Student Health Services' Health and Wellness Education department promotes healthy living and well-being that facilitates retention and graduation and reduces systematic health disparities for all students, and helps students develop the skills for life-long health awareness about preventive care and management of their own health.
The Health and Wellness Department is made up of 3 Health Educators and 1 Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist. We provide services to the SF State community through:
- Peer Educators Advocating Campus Health (PEACH) Program;
- Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC);
- Health and Wellness Workshops;
- Health Outreach Events;
- One-on-one Consultations and Presentations, and
- Health Insurance Education.
The PEACH Program is made up of SF State students who provide education, outreach, and one-on-one consultations on the topics of sexual health, nutrition, and wellness.
Learn more about the PEACH Program.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is an SF State Student Organization that acts as a liaison between Student Health Services and SF State students, and acts as an advocate for SF State students and makes sure that their needs are being met.
We offer free Health and Wellness Workshops for SF State students, faculty, and staff. Workshops cover a variety of topics and are lead by peer educators, and SF State staff and faculty.
- Many professors provide incentives for students who attend one or more of the workshops.
- Workshops take place in the Student Health Services' Conference Room.
- Sign up for workshops ahead of time.
- There are a limited number of seats for each workshop.
- Workshops start on-time.
- The doors will close at the stated start time.
- Make sure to come early.
All workshops take place during school hours in the Student Health Services Conference Room.
No need to sign up ahead of time. Students who participate in the learning opportunity will receive a slip of paper as proof of attendance. Look for the "Workshop Extra Credit" sign to pick-up your paper after you participate in the activity.
You will see Student Health Services at many different health and wellness events on campus, including our Nutrition, Sexual Health and Wellness PEACH and SHAC. We also host events that focus on specific health topics or current health issues that affect the SF State campus.
Check our calendar of events to see when we will be out on campus!
Our Health Educators can provide one-on-one consultations and presentations on a variety of topics.
- International Health Insurance
- Using your health insurance
- Domestic Health Insurance
- Affordable Care Act